DCET Chief Financial Officer
This is an exciting time to join the Dunstan Catholic Educational Trust (DCET) which opened on 1 March 2022 as one of the first Catholic multi-academy Trust’s in Clifton Diocese. The DCET currently oversees six primary schools based in Somerset and North Somerset with a combined total of circa 1200 pupils, 200 staff and £5m budget. However, the Bishop’s ambitious growth plan means it is expected to expand quickly over the next few years to over 20 mixed phase schools.
The Trust Board seeks to appoint a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on a permanent, full-time all year round basis for a start date as soon as possible. There is some flexibility for the right person to start initially on a 0.8 or nine-day fortnight basis rising to full-time to meet business demand and Trust growth.
The postholder will need to be a qualified finance and operations/business leader with a proven track record within a growing and complex organisation operating on multiple sites. The DCET CFO will have delegated leadership responsibility for the finance and business operations of the charitable company and ensuring public funds are well spent in delivering the Trust’s vision, ethos and strategy in the best interests of all pupils.
What We Can Offer You
- Employer contributions to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities as the Trust grows
- Handover and transition support.
- Access to continuous professional development by engaging in a trust-to-trust support and/or MAT CFO buddy/coaching and mentoring arrangement. The latter could be helpful particularly if you have not worked in the education sector previously.
- Annual leave of 25 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays rising after 5 years
- A flexible approach to work life balance
Please see recruitment pack and job description for more information.
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 depending on experience
Base: At a Trust location with travel to schools and flexible working as per Trust policy