Midday and Learning Support Assistant
MIDDAY SUPERVISOR & LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Start date: Monday 6th December 2021 (hours: 12:00pm – 3:25pm Monday to Friday) 17 hours 5 minutes per week, term time only
(1 hour 25 per day Midday Supervisor: Salary Grade 16 – £9.43 – 7 hours 5 minutes per week and 2 hours per day Learning Support Assistant: Salary Grade 15: From £9.62 to £9.81 per hour – 10 hours per week)
Contract: Fixed term until August 31st due to restructuring
We are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisor who would also be able to support individuals and small groups as a Learning Support Assistant.
- Be able to work as part of a team to serve meals and clear up after lunches.
- Be flexible to do a range of tasks and to use own initiative when required.
- Use own initiative and skills to be able to support pupils who are underachieving in Maths and English (including phonic focus etc.)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or ‘O’ Level Grade C or above or equivalent.)
- Assist with the organisation of work for each child.
- Be encouraging and able to form good relationships with adults and children.
- Work within, and act upon, the advice of class teachers, the SENDco and Headteacher.
- Be an excellent communicator and team player.
- Work within our school’s rigorous safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Remain calm, confidential and professional in all situations.
We are committed to safeguarding all our pupils so this post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and thorough background checks will be made.
Completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Interviews: w/c 8th November 2021